Things Are A-changin'...




Hello, my loyal friends who have stuck with me over the past year+ of me barely writing anything at all!

*hides face*

Here's the thing- my blog so far has been all about "behind the scenes" of my writing because there is a life behind every pen.

However, there's only so much I can share about my writing without giving things away, risking my content being stolen, and so on.

Whenever I would come on here to write a post I would find myself almost stressed with writing posts because I just didn't know what to share.

SO...

This made me realise that I need to make some changes around here.

With the way I'm doing things right now, I'm unable to share so many of the things I wish I could, but I feel somewhat restricted. I want to be able to write posts on any topic that comes to me and I want to share with the world so they can be partake in the joy, use, encouragement, etc. that I get from that topic.

Now don't worry- this is still Behind The Pen. It's still a blog about what goes on in the life of a teenage writer!

It's just that right now the content I'm creating or feel I have to create is stuff that any old writer could share about and do I really want that? No, I want it to be personal to me. I want this place to be where I can, on the one hand, share my tips on balancing school and writing, and, on the other, share an encouraging post I was inspired to write.

In a nutshell, this will be somewhat of a Lifestyle Blog. To be specific- my lifestyle as a teenage, homeschooled, Christian writer.

There is more to me than the books I write.

I still hope to write a lot about my writing, but I don't want that to be a restriction on my imagination and what I feel like sharing. I want to be able to expand and share whatever random, fun, encouraging, inspirational, silly, serious, things that come to me.

***


Before I sign off, I would like to quickly let you all know about another place you can read my writing...

I am a contributing writer and the Instagram Manager for a ministry called "The Wilting Rose Project". Our goal is to reach the teens girls and young women out there who are facing the battles of life  and tell them that, just because they feel wilted, they are not worthless. It is a ministry that is for the sole purpose of being a spiritual encouragement to the people who feel lost and withered. 

I've been on there for over a year now but just realised that I haven't really shared about it on here. *hides face again* 

I, personally, find this ministry extremely encouraging and I would 100% recommend you checking it out!

I seriously hope that you guys will enjoy and appreciate the change just as much as I'm looking forward to it.

Until the next time,

Beth Xx

Comments