My Christmas Project and a New Page "Sneak Peek"

Happy Christmas everyone!

Yes, I know I was supposed to post this on Saturday but please forgive me for not posting this sooner!

Anyway, let's get onto the post!

It's so nice to be able to say, "Happy Christmas," because December has finally come and Christmas can be celebrated! Whoohoo!

This Christmas is my first year as a writer! Cool, huh?

I've decided to write a Christmas story- the first I've ever done- and I'm going to share a little information about it with you guys today!

Now, as a fiction writer, it could be expected that I would create a story of my own (which, actually, is quite a good idea, but that's beside the point). Contrary to what might be thought, I'm re-telling a story.

Don't worry, I'm not trying to rip anybody off! I'm retelling a story that has already been retold in different ways.

I'm retelling the birth of Jesus.

Now, I'm sure that this story has been shared with the world in many wonderful and amazing ways that I probably won't be able to be as good as (none as good as the original version in the Bible, mind you) but I'm going to have a go at it. I guess we can only wait to see how it ends up!

I will be writing it from the point of view of one of the shepherds as he and his friends get visited by the angels, they go to see the baby Jesus, and then tell everyone the good news.

I have, in fact, started writing this but getting the flow of it while also keeping it accurate to the words of the Bible and making the characters really come to life is a challenge. When writing something from a historical event, things can be difficult but I am willing to keep on trying. With plenty of support and keeping on working at it, I should be able to share with you an acceptable and, hopefully, enjoyable story.

So, I have a few questions for you guys to answer in the comments.

  1. To all the writers who are reading this- Are you writing a Christmas story this year? If so, what's it about? 
  2. Also, to all the writers reading this- Have you written a story like the one I'm doing? If so, do you have any tips on making it flow well, while also keeping it accurate to the original? 
  3. To anybody who reads this- What are some Christmas stories you've always wanted to read? Maybe if you share the idea then one day it'll be written by somebody! 
  4. To the readers (And writers if you want to answer this as well)- What do you look for in a good story (Christmas or otherwise)? 
  5. To everybody- What do you think of my story idea? 
Thank you in advance for anyone who takes the time to just leave a quick comment answering any or all of these questions!

My story should be posted around Christmas but I'm not going to make any promises I may not be able to keep! 




Besides the Christmas story, I've been working on a new page for this blog! It will be a "Writers' Language Dictionary". There you will find a dictionary with all sorts of writing terms so that if you find an abbreviation or a word related to writing that you don't understand then you can go there and find it. If you read a word that's writing related (On both my blog or anywhere else) that you don't understand and I've missed it then you'll be able to comment on the page and I'll be able to add it.

Are there any writing terms that you've seen me (or somebody else) use that you'd like to know the meaning of? Post them in the comments and I can work on getting them on the page! I'd like to have as many as possible on there before I officially add it to my blog! 

I really hope you all have a good week and enjoy the days getting towards Christmas! 

-Beth


Comments